Tuesday, November 15, 2011

It's about me now...

  I guess I have never really introduced myself properly nor even talked about how I got my start in photography.  New Year's Eve 2008, the very first time I picked up a camera and shot a landscape photo without one of my children in it... But before we even get started down that road, let me give you a little bit more about me.
  I am just a simple stay at home mom with 3 children.  I have a background in music and art that let me travel all over Asia.  I was a singer with a band and went from Manila to Indonesia and Japan and more.   My life settled down quite a bit when I met my husband.  We were married in 1998.
  Since having children, I was always searching for a way to scratch my artistic itch while still spending time with my kids at the same time.  I started making handmade cards as a small get away for my artistic mind until it became a small business.  I enjoyed it and I could make my own schedule to spend time with my husband and my children.  But knowing myself I started searching for more.  I wanted to evolve the business into something more.  I knew myself and I knew something was missing.
  Then, in late 2007, I realized that photos could be used to complement the cards.  I was too afraid to even touch a camera at that time unless it was for a family photo or special event in my family.  People were always saying that I had and an eye for art but it never occurred to me that I had an eye for photography.  There were no photographers in my family so I had a lot to learn and experiment with. That's when New Years Eve 2008 came along and I shot my very first photo, a landscape shot ... I WAS HOOKED!

Stay tuned for pix from that first shoot and the ups and downs I've experienced along the way...

13 comments:

  1. What an awesome story!!!! You truly are amazing!!! Can't wait to see more and your incredible journey!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome!! I too am an artist and I actually got a degree in painting and black and white photography.
    I took up photography again because it was less messy than painting in the house around a 1 year old! Been doing it ever since....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank You Gabby! Let the Journry Begins...

    Hi Jennifer, Good for you! Being a Mom and an Artist is not an easy thing to do but hey we made it right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey girl. :) Wish you much success in any direction you choose to go in. You know, whether you are building a sand castle with your toes or shooting a high end show- you bleed art, and it shows. That will never change about you. :) (I can see you stitching a brilliant quilt design in your 90's. ;) Love you lots! Do yo thang, girl...

    xoxo

    [temporarily underground but my email's the same: rushingthunder@yahoo.com]

    Be good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Birg!!!!!!!!! I miss you so much and thank you for dropping by... Thank you for not forgetting about me :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. ciempre alam q ung story na yan gail.. and i also know that one day u wil b a somebody na makilala.. bukod sa mabuti kang tao ur such a very talented creature and im sooO happy for u! God speed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hahaha! nagulat nman aq sa anonymous na yan eh ako nman nag post nyan.. NAPAKA SWERTE MO SA PAMILYA MO, NAPANGASAWA MO, SA MGA ANAK MO AT SA BUHAY NA MERON KA NGAYON.. deserve mo yan.. i love u gail!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Here's wishing you much success with your new blog, Gail. You're a special one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Still waiting for those Red Flipper shoes!. All the Very Best for You Gail! You sure have come a long way in a short time!((HUGS)) to you and your family and Happy Thanksgiving also!(Hey Gail it's Nansea454 from SOA Miss you there)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Gail! I've been impressed with your work since I first saw it many months ago. And you continue to get better and better! I hope to keep up with you on this blog and see how things are going. You're very blessed. And an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank You Nancy and Jeff :) Ben very blessed indeed special knowing you all and been and still part of SOA

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes Gail girl.. do yo thang sista!! lol. Oh how I remember those days like yesterday. Ha! BIRG, we miss you!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Contact us

Gail Bowman

http://www.gailbowmanphotography.com

619-227-7522